Thursday, September 20, 2012

Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks.



I'm thankful.
I'm thankful, after having my Excursion inspected today, and paying for the inspection, when Buster tried to crank it to back it out of the bay and it wouldn't start, that there was an auto repair shop across the street.
I'm rejoicing that I didn't have to call a tow truck. They just sent a 4-wheeler and pushed it on over.
I'm thankful that Buster let me use his cell phone to call my husband and daughter and leave a message on their cell phones telling them not to return my call because I wasn't taking Buster's phone with me, because I had left my phone at home.
I'm rejoicing that the lady at the repair shop was kind enough to give me a ride to the thrift store where I had dropped off my kids before the inspection, in her new shop car. It was a very nice car that smelled wonderful.
I'm thankful that the thrift store was still open for 2 more hours.
I'm rejoicing that I found a unique little wooden lighthouse to add to my collection, at the thrift store for $1.50.
I'm thankful that we have good friends who live close by who are happy to pick us up and give us a ride home.
I'm rejoicing that the husband in that family has a home based business and was able to drop everything to pick us up, because his wife had just left when I called.
I'm thankful that we have 3 vehicles which are paid for, so that we can save up for emergencies such as this one, and we have a spare which our daughter can use to meet her friend just as she had planned.
I'm rejoicing that my Excursion has served us well for the past 11 years and I'm certain this is just a small hiccup, and we will be back in business in no time.
I'm thankful for my Dave Ramsey envelopes!
Blessings,
Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment